It is the major announcement by Government of India in 2020 to conduct common eligibility test for the RRB Railways, SSC and Banking exam for upcoming 2021 recruitment.
National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will conduct the upcoming government exams for Central Govt Jobs across the different states, cities, and districts of India. A multi-agency body of the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) to screen/shortlist candidates for the Bank/SSC/Railways. For forming the National Recruitment Agency, the central government sanctioned ₹1,517.57 crores, the Union Cabinet said in a statement.
The aim of a common entrance test is to eliminate multiple tests and save precious time as well as resources. Commenting on the benefits of one common test, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, "The National Recruitment Agency will prove to be a boon for crores of youngsters. This is one of the biggest opportunities for the aspirants especially from the semi-urban or village areas to participate in the exam near their allocated centres. All the candidates must convert this opportunity into success. The aspirants are also even eagerly waiting for the final date of the declaration for the common eligibility test for banks, SSC, and Railways.
Top Facts about CET:
- The National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will conduct the prelims exam for candidates of Group-B (non-gazetted), Group-C (non-technical), and clerical posts in the government along with recruitment in public sector banks.
- The CET will be categorized into each of the three levels i.e. Graduation, Higher secondary (12th pass), and the Matriculation (10th pass) candidates.
- After the process of the CET score level, the final selection for recruitment shall be made through separate specialized tiers (II, III, etc) examination which shall be conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
- The CET 2020 will conducts exams for Bank/SSC/Railways as per NRA.
- The scorecard of CET will be valid for three years. There shall be no restriction on the number of attempts.
- The curriculum for this test would be common as would be the standard. This would greatly ease the burden of candidates who are at present required to prepare for each of the examinations separately as per different curriculum," the central government said in a statement.
- Candidates would have the facility of registering on a common portal and give a choice of centers. Based on availability, they would be allotted centers. The centers will be based on a first come first basis.
- Women candidates especially from rural areas face constraints in appearing in multiple examinations as they have to arrange for transportation and places to stay in places that are far away, the government said.
- This would go a long way in mitigating the hardship of candidates who spend a dedicated amount of time, money, and effort preparing and giving these examinations every year, the cabinet said in a statement.
- This year almost 117 test centers will be allocated in different states, cities, districts for making travel more comfortable during the examination.
Avision Institute provides the best online Coaching for Bank/SSC and Railways. Our Institute provides the best study material that relevant to the latest exam of NRA. Our institute is the most promising Institute that delivers the best education in terms of preparation and makes an update with the latest exam pattern and syllabus. Ensure the top quality result in terms of Bank/SSC/Railways exams. We carried the top educators for CET online coaching for student friendly-environment, regular doubt classes, and the comfort learning process.
Bank ExamsSSC ExamsRailway ExamsCommon Eligibility Testcommon eligibility test for banksCET online coaching