WBP Constable Selection Process
The Assistant Inspector General or Superintendent of Police
appoints candidates to the post of Constable in WBP on the basis of 7 tests.
- Preliminary Test: All applicants
will be appearing for this test if they are eligible.
- Physical measurement Test (PMT): All appearing candidates will have to undergo this test to ensure
they are eligible for the post with respect to the minimum physical
standards as having been mentioned earlier in this article.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): For
this test, they will have to run a 1600 m distance within 6 minutes 30
seconds. Timing shall be recorded by RFID technology.
- Final Written Exam: Candidates
successfully qualifying in the above 3 tests will be allowed to appear for
- Interview: This will be a 15 marks
test, judging the candidates on their General Awareness and suitability
for public service.
- Verification of Character Antecedents: Selected candidates will be called for this test. They are
required to fill up a verification roll for enquiry.
- Medical examination: Candidates are
sent for medical tests to the State Government designated hospital,
prescribed by the Department of Health and Family Welfare. Thereby, a
Certificate of Medical Fitness will be issued and candidates will be